United Way Union County Arkansas
United Way is a national network of locally governed organizations that work to create lasting positive changes in communities and in people's lives. United Way has been in existence for over 120 years and in Union County since 1962, although originally known as the El Dorado Community Chest since 1933.
United Way's mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. More than 1,350 local United Ways raise and invest significant resources to build strong, healthy communities.
Mission StatementThe United Way of Union County is a voluntary effort to increase the organized capacity of people who care for one another.
United Way of Union County is governed by a board of local community leaders and makes decisions based on local needs and values. Last year alone, the United Way helped over 25,000 citizens in Union County.
In 2014, local contributions helped the United Way of Union County raise more than $1.3 million for its local agencies making hundreds of programs possible in this community.
100% of your donation STAYS RIGHT HERE in Union County!
100% of your donation goes directly to programs and services!
People in Union County are helped by United Way agencies to:
- Learn to read
- Live independently
- Improve physical, mental and emotional health
- Enjoy a hot meal or a comfortable bed
- Participate in sports and after-school activities rather than risky behaviors
- Locate loved ones after tragedy or natural disasters
- Find safety for themselves and their children from abusive situations
- Place their children in a learning environment suited to their special needs
- Enjoy the outdoors and recreational pursuits with others their own age
- Continue their college education in times of financial hardship
- Turn around the life of a troubled teenager
- And much, much more!